(Photo of Mountainside Pool via The City of Burlington)
Summer has officially made its way to Southern Ontario. Enjoy the heat and the hot temperatures in comfort by spending some time at one of the area’s many pools or splash pads. Our home city of Burlington boats several swimming pools scattered throughout its borders, including three outdoor pools:
- LaSalle Wading Pool and Splash Park: 50 North Shore Blvd.
- Large wading pool ranging in depth from .5 feet to 2.5 feet, interactive water equipment adjacent to wading pool, tucked into the beautiful LaSalle Park. This is a children’s paid admission wading pool where adults are free with a paying child. Picnic areas surround the wading pool for families to enjoy the day.
- Nelson Pool: 4235 New St.
- The new pool at Nelson Park is 50-metres long with eight lanes. It includes a beach-entry leisure pool and a new splash pad located beside the pool. Additional features include: climbing wall feature in deep end, interactive splash pad, diving boards, accessible ramp into the pool, various amenities such as seating areas, shade, and play equipment
- Mountainside Pool: 2205 Mount Forest Drive
- Features include 8 lanes, diving boards, slides, picnic tables, accessible ramp and splash pad with interactive play features
Click here to learn more about the City of Burlington’s facilities.
Our neighbours in Hamilton also have 10 outdoor pools, seven wading pools and 64 splash pads. Admission to Hamilton’s splash pads and wading pools is always free, but admission to the outdoor pools is also free when heat warnings are in effect. Click here to find a facility near you in Hamilton.
To other side, our neighbours in Oakville have five outdoor pools that are all 6-lanes of 25m fun. They also often host Tim Horton’s free swims. Click here for more information.